Automatic video playback on Instagram is one of the topics that can be very annoying when using this app. In addition, the automatic and unwanted playback of each Instagram video has a direct impact on your mobile phone’s Internet usage. For this reason, people are looking for a solution that they can use to stop the automatic playback of video on Instagram. This feature is provided in Instagram under the name of Data Saver, it allows the users of this social network to disable the automatic execution of video on Instagram. In this article from BuySocial, we try to figure out how to disable Instagram auto-running teach you. So if you want to know more about how to disable Instagram automatic download to reduce Internet spending, stay tuned for the rest of this article.
How to disable Instagram automatic download
If you want to save on Internet usage by stopping the automatic video playback on Instagram, you need to follow the path mentioned below:
- In the first step, you must enter your Instagram Profile page and then touch the 3- line mark at the top right, as shown below.
- You will then be presented with a menu in which you need to select the Settings option in order to close the video playback on Instagram.
- Now select the Account option from the options that are displayed in the Instagram settings section.
- On the Account page, there is an option called Cellular Data Use, which you must select in order to disable automatic video playback on Instagram.
- Finally, you need to activate the Data Sever option to prevent the automatic download of Instagram videos. This saves internet usage and the video is played only at your own request.
- Also, through the High-Resolution Media option on this page, you can determine under what conditions Instagram video media will be displayed in its highest quality.
This section includes the following 3 options:
- Never: Do not play Instagram video media in the highest quality
- WiFi Only: Play Instagram video media in the highest quality when connected to WiFi
- Cellular + WiFi: Play Instagram video media in the highest quality when connecting to Wi-Fi and mobile data
By selecting the Never mode, you can ensure that not all videos and images are displayed in the highest quality, thus saving Internet usage.
In this article from the buysocial, we tried to be with you dear ones by teaching you how to prevent the automatic playback of video on Instagram regarding the management of Instagram internet consumption. With this Instagram feature, you can easily turn off automatic video playback on Instagram, and not only do you not have to watch unwanted videos but also save on your mobile data consumption. If you have any questions or any ambiguities, you can contact us through the comments section of this article.